I am going away for 3 days only, my boss will faint if he sees my BIG luggage bag. And if I travel light like I normally, do, he'll faint too, coz a backpack is definitely not enough, just in case I shop alot when we are in Padova/Venice or Frankfurt. But then... airport is very strict with the things you bring on board, so I am afraid if I do not check in my luggage, I'll have to throw things like facial cleanser, toothpaste or my toner. :-(
As of 8th May 2007, the new guidelines on hand-carry luggage (for Singapore) are :
1) Liquids, Aerosols and Gels must be in containers with a maximum capacity of not more than 100ml each. Liquids, aerosols and gels in containers larger than 100ml will not be accepted, even if the container is partially-filled;
2) Containers must be placed in a transparent re-sealable plastic bag with a maximum capacity not exceeding 1-litre. These containers must fit comfortably within the transparent re-sealable plastic bag, which must be completely closed;
3) Each passenger is allowed to carry only one transparent re-sealable plastic bag, which must be presented separately for examination at the security screening point;
4) Exemptions will be made for medications, baby food and special dietary items. These items will be subjected to additional checks at the security screening point.
Liquids include :
1) Drinks, including water and juices [gotta get the mini Evian water bottle, else, I really have to call out to stewardess to give me water every now and then. :-(]
2) Soups and sauces
3) Perfumes and deodorants (liquid or liquid-solid mixture) [not counted - to dump into check in bag]
4) Creams, balms, lotions and oils [must bring baby lotion, hey, it's dry on the plane!]
5) Cosmetics such as mascara and lip gloss [also must bring lip balm. I need it in the flight!]
6) Pastes, including toothpaste [not counted - dump into check in bag lo]
7) Pressurised foams and sprays, including shaving foam, hairspray and spray deodorants
8) Gels, including hair and shower gels [not counted - dump into check in bag lo]
9) Contact lens solution [now using daily lens, so, no need to carry around]
10) Any other items of similar consistency [like wat?]
Now, let me see, I hope all the above that I can't live without (on board I mean) can fit into the transparent bag.
If you are traveling any time soon, check this site for detailed information.