Thursday, March 29, 2007
But I still set my alarm to wake me up yesterday morning. Sad to say, I was really not well to go to work. When Uncle J smsed me asking if I want to have breakfast, I was too weak to reply. I was thinking of work every now and then though I couldn’t really do anything. Then, at 11.45am, YJ called me, telling me the fellow colleagues will go to my place to accompany me for lunch. Wow, I was touched, coz if they didn’t call, I may have skipped my lunch afterall.
Night time came just as fast; I have been asleep for whole day whole night. So, I thought watching tv may be good. But I was so wrong, after 3 hours of tv, my head got so heavy that I thought it might explode. When it was time to sleep, I vomited, then again and again until I fell asleep. Still, before I turned in, I set my alarm to wake me up today.
This morning I woke up, feeling much better, so I came to work. But actually I do not really feel well. SA says he will not pity me if I am knocked out today, because I am so stubborn to come to work even when my face is so pale and I am sneezing all the way. Well, I told him that if he understands me, he will not say much about me coming to work on a sick day. CC taking MC is rare, so is skipping work. If there is one day CC starts to skip work, day after day, then it’s a sign that CC is sick of the job and looking forward to move on.
Very tired now.. still a bit feverish, and I can’t wait to go home to get knocked out by yet another round of medicine….
Friday, March 16, 2007
Well, I know you are confused, but don’t be. These 2 incidents happened 5 years apart. So, I didn’t dump EK for B.
To re-cap, EK was really good to me.
1) He was one boyfriend who didn’t care for anything else in the world when you were sick, keep by your side to the extent washing my laundry.
2) He was one boyfriend who bought meals / washed laundry for you when you were sitting for examination, making sure you study every second you have. And he drives you to and from the examination hall.
3) He was one boyfriend who bought dresses for you. He was shy in his own way, but proud to be able to buy you girl things.
4) He was one boyfriend who had planned the future “for you” with you in the picture. And he executed his plan, bit by bit.
5) He was one boyfriend who sent money to you when he started working and you were still studying so you can go shopping with your female friends, shop till you drop as a matter of fact.
So, you may ask me, why did I leave?
1) He was too nice and stable that he wasn’t ambitious. He didn’t want to make it big, just earn enough money and have a happy stable family is good.
2) He was too nice that he dare not celebrate your birthday with you when his sisters were around, so you had to bear with it that your birthday was nothing special.
3) The most important point was, I was too young at that point of time to think of his good points. Because I was too young and ambitious, he didn’t seem like the right one for me.
5 years now, and we got back in touch recently, things changed tremendously, for him:-
1) His elder sister is married to a Singaporean rather than her 8-years-relationship Malaysian boyfriend then, now expecting the second baby.
2) His elder brother divorced the wife.
3) The younger twin sister has just given birth and she is in confinement now.
4) And he, himself registered his marriage, waiting for his new house.
Now, the ultimate question would be “do you regret leaving him whom wants to marry you?”
Let me see, if I didn’t leave him, we would be together for 7 years now. Probably we already have more than one kid now. Or perhaps we are suffering from the 7-years itch now.
One thing for sure, I do not regret leaving him 5 years ago because my reasons were all valid, except for the point I was too young then, I didn’t treasure him. I definitely regret if I do it now, because I ended up with someone who doesn’t want to marry.
Retribution is done. I hope I learned to treasure things in life. :-)
Monday, March 12, 2007
The Five Love LanguagesMy primary love language is probably
with a secondary love language being
Acts of Service.
Complete set of results
|Acts of Service:||7|
|Words of Affirmation:||5|
InformationUnhappiness in relationships, according to Dr. Gary Chapman, is often due to the fact that we speak different love languages. Sometimes we don't understand our partner's requirements, or even our own. We all have a "love tank" that needs to be filled in order for us to express love to others, but there are different means by which our tank can be filled, and there are different ways that we can express love to others.
Take the quiz
|Your Personality is Somewhat Rare (ISFP)|
Your personality type is caring, peaceful, artistic, and calm.
Only about 7% of all people have your personality, including 8% of all women and 6% of all men
You are Introverted, Sensing, Feeling, and Perceiving.
Monday, March 05, 2007
This book is lighthearted and entertaining. I had good laughs and enjoyed myself.
Lily was the main character, flees the country from her problematic marriage and legal charges to London to her old flame. She was married to Ted, a rock star and caught him cheating on her.
Several reasons to divorce a rock star, Lily reasoned:-
1) He’s got thousands of groupies. And they’re all skinner than you are.
2) He looks better in leather pants than you do.
3) You can stop pretending to like his music.
4) His idea of romantic date is you, him, and thirty thousand screaming fans. :-p
5) Because he will never treat you as well as he treat his guitar.
6) Because you want to see your husband in person and not just on MTV.
7) So you don’t have to worry if ‘baby’ is a term of endearment he uses to avoid calling you by another woman’s name.
8) Their idea of family is to have one in every state.
Her ex boyfriend, Carter is a young, hot bone doctor. To cut story short, after much hurdles, obstacles, they realized they are meant for each other and they L word each other very much. That’s what everyone says right? You’ll know if he/she is THE ONE if you guys can overcome obstacles together.
Perhaps I should lookout for Lockwood’s other book I do (But I don’t) about Lauren and Nick, Lily’s sister and brother in law. ;-) I read that Lauren is a super organized woman, and do you believe that she actually has a Birth Plan for her second child? She actually planned what Nick should be wearing when she gives birth. Haaha…..
Thursday, March 01, 2007
Sophie is beautiful, has a model-like body, and has a man she loves to marry. He’s gorgeous and they have been together for four years. Trouble is, he won’t propose.
Natasha in her journey to search for her true love, stucked in a problematic situation she didn’t realize, until she has to have abortion. That wasn’t the end, the bloody man kept buzzing around her giving her false hope time after time.
Sophie left Andy, got together with Olly but soon find herself not as in love as she thought. Engagement ring on the finger, wedding is in the plan but her heart doesn’t belong to Olly.
In the end, Natasha was sacked from her successful job, chose to live a low profile life with Andy, going to war zone country to be with beloved. While Sophie found an interesting job, succeed in it, and contented with her life.
Can’t help thinking, there’s nothing as important as own happiness. You can be doing something low profile, earning nothing, but you are happy. Isn’t that good enough?